I think sweet potato was meant to heal the cracks in my soul. Well, that and peanut butter (let’s be real, PB is the OG for most people).
We may not think of sweet potato as a good alternative to butter/flour in a muffin recipe but it totally works. These muffins are slightly sweet, with a moist, perfectly-dense texture that will make it hard to eat just 1 in a sitting (seriously- hide them from yourself- meal plan-ers get to eat 2 at once! ).
With the option to use a gluten-free oat flour, these muffins are sugar-free, gluten-free, soy-free, guilt-free, and seriously GOOD. My only piece of advice? TRY THEM NOW.
And with only 99 calories per muffin, what’s not to love about these quick, tasty, sugar-free treats? 1.7F/14C/6.3P – all you need is a blender or magic bullet (well… and an oven)!
(To cook the sweet potato beforehand, I always just pop them in the microwave for a few minutes, until soft, and peel them after they’ve been cooked.)
- 💧1.5 cups (230g, 8.5oz) cooked sweet potato, mashed or cubed
- 💧 1/3 cup powdered no-calorie sweetener (splenda, stevia, monk fruit sugar)
- 💧1 large eggs
- 💧 1/4 cup (60g) liquid egg whites
- 💧1/3 cup (100g) plain greek yogurt
- 💧1 TBSP butter or coconut oil, softened
- 💧1/4 cup unsweetened milk alternative or skim milk
- 💧1 tsp vanilla extract
- 🌵1.5 cups (150g) oat flour (legit just blend oats up into a flour- option or gluten free oats here)
- 🌵1/3 cup (30g) quick oats (not blended)
- 🌵 25-30g (1 scoop) protein powder- you can use whey or vegetarian protein here.
- 🌵1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 🌵1 tsp baking powder
- 🌵Pinch sea salt
- 🌵1/2-1 cup chocolate chips (enjoy life has dairy/gluten free ones!)
- 🌵1/2-1 cups berries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat you oven to 325F.
- In a blender, combine all the WET ingredients together (yes, including your sweet potato) and blend into a consistent liquid (yeah, no chunks).
- Pour your liquid into a large bowl and add all your dry ingredients. stir gently to combine into a batter.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure (or close to), fill 12 sprayed or lines muffin tins with your batter.
- Bake your muffins at 325F for 15-20 minutes, until tops start to turn golden. After you remove them from the oven, let your muffins cool 3-4 minutes INSIDE the tins before removing them to a cooling rack.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.7||2.6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.4||2%|
|Trans Fat 0|
|Total Carbohydrate 14||4.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3||12%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
For those on a meal plan with EVLV fit, two (yeah, 2!!!) muffins is only 1 serving of “any” carbs + 1 serving of lean proteins for your day!
Don’t have coaching, but looking to hire one? Head over to our coaching page to see if we can help you!
©2018 EVLV fit
EVLV fit is not a physician or registered dietician. This website, the information disclosed on it and all of its contents are not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any medical health problems. It should not be used in replace of advise from a medical physician. Always consult your doctor, physician, or qualified medical health professional for health matters.